Saturday, March 16, 2013

Nocturne by Syrie James


Read from July 28 to October 08, 2012

  Nocture was a dark but still sweet book. It's plot was unique in that there are only two characters and it spans over four days, after Michael "rescues" Nicole from her car accident during a blizzard. Then they become snowed in. This is a unique challenge and James does it well. I actually cared for the characters, and in fact, was able to learn so much more about them.
 I really enjoyed the little details that made up Michael's character. He is a complex character with a history and hobbies and interests. Nicole is a young accomplished woman and I was able to connect with her character. She had a great voice, and believable reactions. For instance, she starts becoming very suspicious of Michael's behaviors and his medical condition (hemophiliac)and Nicole reacts in fear (although she is enamored by him) which I'd like to think that the majority of the population would also react in such ways if ever stuck in that situation. But in the majority of vampire novels that I have read, there is never that most basic, common reaction.
  Now, as for the ending ... it is bittersweet. I appreciate what James did and why she did it. It is unique and has stayed with me.
  I would recommend this to anyone looking for a paranormal romance with a vampire and a bit of a twist. But if you are looking for the fairy tale ending, this is not the book for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment